CALGARY FRANCHISE LAWYER
Franchises are a very particular form of business that pose a unique set of challenges to those looking to or currently operating a franchise business. Yes, there is an 'established' business system in place, however such a system creates its own responsibilities and financial obligations, which need to be properly considered in your decision-making process.
Only by understanding your obligations and integrating them into your ongoing business plan can you seek to realize the full benefits of a franchise. Some of the benefits associated with franchising include:
- attaining a recognized brand and use of relevant trademarks
- realizing an established market presence
- gaining from their existing history in the particular area of business
- receiving comprehensive training, followed by on-going help and support
- benefitting from a generally higher success rate, with reduced risk exposure
- become a part of pre-established supply lines and major group purchasing power
- lower unforeseen costs (and in specific circumstances, potential financial support)
- pooled advertising and marketing system to increase exposure and brand recognition
- typically easier to start-up due to the experienced support
To learn more about how we can of assistance to your franchised business and optimizing your returns from participating in a franchise system, contact us at Chris@NeufeldLegal.com or 403-400-4092.
Calgary business lawyer Christopher Neufeld is a corporate commercial lawyer with the law firm of Neufeld Legal Professional Corporation (77 Tuscany Ridge Mews NW, Calgary, Alberta) and is admitted to practice law in Alberta and Ontario (Canada) and New York (U.S.A.). Christopher's legal practice focuses primarily on business law, in particular corporate commercial transactions (mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, business purchases and sales, etc.) and business contract work. See also www.FranchiseeLawyer.ca.
This website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive or to include advice on which you may rely. You should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer on any specific legal matter. All liability is excluded in respect of any loss or damage which may arise in connection with the use of or reliance upon any materials and information appearing on this website. © 2015.